Gather your supplies and pre-wash and press all of your fabrics before starting the project. This will avoid any shrinkage when laundering the finished quilt, and will remove any excess dyes.
The quilt contains 14 different fabrics. Feel free to use fat quarters or fabrics from your stash in this project. With the exception of the borders and sashing, as long as they total the yardage needed, they can be used.
Note that each section of the quilt during the SAL will feature a PDF pattern you can download here on the Christmas Memories Quilt Project Page or from each blog post. If you miss a blog post, visit the project page for the items you’ve missed.
Once the SAL has been completed, the individual PDFs will be replaced with a single PDF featuring the entire project – this will make it easier to print for later use. A general break-down of the project is as follows:
- Part 1 – Materials List and Color Key
- Part 2 – Cutting the borders and sashing, cutting and piecing the Holly Blocks
- Part 3 – Cutting and piecing the Star Blocks
- Part 4 – Cutting and piecing the Reindeer Blocks
- Part 5 – Cutting and piecing the Tree Blocks
- Part 6 – Cutting and piecing the central Santa Block
- Part 7 – Assembling the Quilt Top
- Part 8 – Finishing the Quilt